Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My new novel "Farmer" released in paperback, Kindle and more...

Farmer By Laura Elizabeth



Available in Paperback, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, PC and Mac.


Link to purchase; http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456421301


The synopsis;


Del Farmer leans on the side of his truck outside the cemetery gates, watching intently as the local grave diggers dig deep into the earth, preparing the resting place of a poor old soul from the small town of Roscoe, Minnesota. As the radio blares inside his truck, Del's thoughts swing away from the grim work of the grave diggers to his own family, and how lucky he is they are safe and healthy. Little does he know his life and the lives of his seven brothers are soon be altered forever when he finds himself on a journey to help his brother find his missing step-daughter. After discovering what has happened to her he believes the torment is over when a twist is added to his life upon discovery that other family members are murdered. When the brothers come together it is apparent they have grown in different directions and it is made clear that some of them are now unacceptable to others. The turmoil is just too much for them. Along with this heinous act of carnage against their family they try to discover the truth when strange visions of spirits, ghosts and demons along with Angels appear before them. The police pressure them, the town's people confused and at bay. Who is pushed to the edge? This is a high drama/mystery of a paranormal sort. With massive adventure and intrigue it promises to capture your complete attention.


Here is the link to where you can purchase it;


http://www.amazon.com/dp/1456421301


~In this novel the brothers visit a number of cities, towns, businesses, landmarks and area that will interest many readers and be familiar to those from or know of Minnesota. South Dakota, South Carolina, and North Carolina. I write of concerns in the world such as war, peace, issues from around the world on politics, religion, and controvercail events.


There are several ghost stories that have gone through waves of people for years in Minnesota. Personal events that took place in my childhood, my life, or the childhood and lives of my friends and family. There are also unexplainable events of the paranormal including Angelic visits, visits with loved ones who have passed, evil spirits still trying to accomplish things they began in life and a look at life after death.


I have involved a actual tornado and since I have been in the midst of one. I believe it to be pretty accurate of what can happen. I discuss so many things that this is a huge book. Maybe it should have been 2 books, however I hade to stop somewhere, because I could gone longer with it. I have not forgot sexuality, I discuss sex and the choice of sexual lifestyle and the judgement of it as well. Understand relationships of family when we are young verses as adults. Read about Tanya telling a story of the most famous Bakery in the entire area, The Cold Spring Bakery!


You will come with me on a journey to visit a psychic, go to the Grasshopper Chapel in Cold Spring Minnesota, and wonder around the outside old St. Ravens HomeNunery, now know as The Ravens Nest and St. Agnes Church, Go hunting and discover wierd things with members of my family, ghost hunting with friends to Colmeyers, near Mananah MN, and visit my most favorite lake; Lake Koronis where my Grandfather had a lake place, we spent summers there! Go to a barn raising and read how things were done back in the day. So many wonderful little side stories I cannot name them all.....


Wonder into the town of St. Joseph for a few moments, a small but needed reminder to all who know of it and the losses there and so many other towns in Minnesota. Visit the grave of my little brother who lay amoungest so many who died for or fought for their country at the Fort Snelling National Cemetary in Minneapolis Minnesota.


Visit North Carolina and South Carolina as well as South Dakota and read about famous spots I have been to them all including Comeyers and Belgrade.


Traveling up and down these roads you will find a piece of me, my family and my firends, as well as strangers who touched my life somehow! Enjoy the book! I enjoyed writing it. I also want to comment on the price. I was left no choice. You would be shocked at Amazons cut verses my small amount cut. How could paper and ink be so costly? The question I will forever ask!


Counties mentioned;

Meeker County, MN
Stearns County, Mn
Madison County, NC


States and Cities mentioned;

Minnesota;
Roscoe
Spicer
Willmar
Paynesville
St. Joseph
St. Cloud
Minneapolis
St. Paul
Long Lake
Litchfield
Twin Cities
Duluth
New London
Lake Henry
Murdock
Atwater
Grove City
Dassel
Granite Falls


South Dakota;
Sturgis


North Carolina;
Charlotte


South Carolina;
Landrum
Lumberton
Kings Mountain


Places of interest mentioned;
Wall Drug
Grasshopper Chapel
Chapel Hill Road
Granada
Paraguay
Veitnam
Prinston University
Wall Street
Lake Henry Ballroom
Hilltop Restaurant
Lake Superior
Phersons Mine
Washington D.C.
Cold Spring Bakery
Minneapolis International Airport
Fort Snelling National Cemetary


Who are the main Characters;


~Del is the main Character. Along with his 7 brothers they make up the boys of Farmer family.


Parents;
Dad- Joe- Joseph Farmer, Born in Paynesville MN, German Catholic
Mom-Hildee, Hilda Grossman, Born in St. Joseph, MN, German Catholic
Sons;
Del- Delbert Joseph, Age 34
Virg- Virgil Norman, Age 32
Whyn- Stanley William, Age 31
Jimmy- James Henry, Age 29
Joey- Joseph James, Age 28
Cal- Calvin John, 26
Brian- Brian Tulliver, Age 24
Wally- Wallace Laverne 22, Named after 2 of Joe's brothers
John Morgan Jr.- Joes best friend
Mariyln Farmer- Virg's Wife, college professor


This adventure takes Del and his borthers into a termoiled journey of love, hate, friendship, brotherhood and the realization of what happens to the simple life during tragedy.


~The book was Editied by my father. Thank you so much Dad!


~a List of family and friends who agreed to let me use their names and a bit about them twisted into a Characters;
My uncle, John Morgan Jr.
My aunt, Bernice Morgan (John Jr.'s Lovely wife)
My aunt, Michele Morgan/Pavlock
My uncle, Mike Pavlock(Michele's husband)
My cousin, Marcy Pavlock
My cousin, Loraine Morgan Martonik
My cousin, Tim Morgan
Tracey Morgan & kids.(Cousins by marriage)
My brother, Mike Phillips
My best friend & sister in law, Nancy Phillips
Basically like family, Marie Loscheider
Dear friend, Shelly Bradley
Basically like family, Tanya Rosenbrook
Basically like family, Janet Whetston
Tim Whetston(Janets husband)
and mentioning son Aiden & baby to come)
Dear friend, Jade B. Chandra
Steve Childers (My husband)
Josh Gilbertson (My son)
J.R. Childers(My son)
My doctor, Dr. Dan Cannon


Honorable mentions;
John Morgan Sr. (Pappy to me) Deceased
Martha Whippo/Morgan ( Nanny to me)Deceased
My brother, Robert J. Phillips(Bobby)Deceased
My uncle, Bob Morgan
My aunt, Sis Morgan Bedford
My aunt, Maureen Morgan/Carlson
My mother, Mary Morgan/Phillips
Dave Martonik & kids(Cousins by marriage)
My uncle, Max Morgan
Mike Loscheider (Maries husband)
Brad Rosenbrook & kids (Basically family)

Father Garvey(Priest who buried my brother)


I can't thank you all enough for letting me involve you in this heart filled journey! My love to you all!


Laura Elizabeth


~The book cover was done by Laura and Demetrious Zouharis of LD Commercail Art. Thank you my dear friends, its perfect. I love you both dearly! xoxoxo, Coo


~ This novel is dedicated to my family, friends here on earth as well as those who have passed on.

~Specail mention of Ted and Terry Oledzki for all they have taught me and been there for me.

~To my family at home, Steve, Mom, Josh & J.R.- Thank you for cooking, cleaning, making sure I ate to keep my sugar level up, made me leave the house sometimes rofl, and loved me thorugh this one more time?! Its been a haul, I love you guys!

xoxoxo,
Laura Elizabeth

4 comments:

Sarah Allen said...

Looks interesting :) Best of luck!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Author/Psychic/Rieki Therapist; Laura Elizabeth said...

Thank you Sarah!

Renee Riley said...

Hello Laura,

2 years ago, in a forum I was an administrator to, I hurt your feelings while asking if

you had spoken to a professional regarding seeing spirits everywhere. Although I

thought my comment innocent enough, at the time, it was not. And, it hurt your

feelings, whether I meant it to, or not.

ou posted about it on a website, and I requested that it be removed, however since that

date, a lot has happened in my personal life. I have undergone systematic bullying,

cyberbullying and a total smear campaign against my team and my leadership by people

angry that I spoke out against lies being told, and other issues with one of the

leaders.

Their retalliation? To ruin my reputation, call me crazy, gang up on me with fired

team members, and run a smear campaign to get me to dissolve my team. During that

time, my heart was broken.

17 years I lived, breathed and ate this hobby. I became suicidal at many points...as

cyber-threats came across to my page and when I arrived to my new forum, banned by a

combined gang-up of both forums together, and when I arrived and my personals ad from

Craigslist was posted for the entire world to see I was in need of a friend (one that

nobody had responded to and only two of my former team members knew of), titled RPI

Renee needs friends. Will someone be her friend?.

That night, Elizabeth, I felt like you must have felt when I made my comment. I am SO

SORRY for making you hurt and doubt your sanity, even if for one moment, because I have

been in your shoes now, and it's very painful.

Although my situation is so much more in-depth, in no way does that desensitize the

issue that you probably felt attacked, and hurt. I want to both validate that I

understand, now, your feelings...that it has bothered me throughout the past year and

some months since that what I said hurt your feelings, and I want to acknowledge that

what I said to you could have been said with more tact, in private, and without hurting

you in public.

I want to sincerely apologize for any bullying you felt from me, and I know you are

still angry...you have a right to that, but I wanted to do the right thing, to find you

and apologize publically for any pain I caused you.

I almost ended my life several times over the past 18 months, due to losing the hobby I

loved so much, and the severe bullying I have undergone, combined with the loss of

team-mates and friends as well as coenciding loss dates of my two sisters, mother and

father.

I have had to undergo counseling. I have had to undergo medical treatment for a a new

heart condition as the result of mourning.

I know how you felt now. And...I am ashamed if anything I said on the forum made you

feel as poorly as I felt when they all ganged up on me.

Please; you don't have to like me or befriend me, but please accept my apology for

hurting you and for making you feel attacked or put down. I mean it 1000%, sincerely.

Renee Riley muffintopped@Yahoo.com

PS- I wish you good luck with your adventures and that your books go well...happy

journeys.

Author/Psychic/Rieki Therapist; Laura Elizabeth said...

Renee,
You must forgive yourself as well. Hon, so many people go through things in their lives when we become victims or victimizers of 1 thing or another. I am truly saddened by the things you have had to endure because of the way you had believed situations should be handled and the things that have happened in your personal life. Please do not take your life or ever think of that again. It would only mean you would probably be afraid to go to heaven and repeat another life of trying to make it right. Live happy and find peace in your heart. I have gone through many a journey in this life and I can tell you none of them are bad enough to end it and that is what I expect from you from now on. Always think of how you are hurting your karma, it's important. Live and see the good in people. My closing words to you are that my forgiveness comes to you as you live the life intended for you, because if you end it all I cannot forgive you! Be happy please and watch forgiveness grow~~~

Love and light,

Laura Elizabeth